Week 3 GDP Assignment Spring 2021
For this assignment, you will research information related to the GDP (Gross Domestic Product). This will help you practice using the Internet as a research tool for finding financial information and you will gain insights about how the United States participates in the global economy by providing goods and services to other countries.
Use the Week 3 GDP Homework Word Document template provided below to complete your assignment before uploading it to the assignment submission area.
Use a search engine such as Google to do the following:
- Define GDP in your own words.
- Report the current GDP in trillions of dollars.
- Report the current Federal debt in trillions of dollars.
- Report the outlays for the bottom line of the current (last) budget approved by Congress (surplus or shortage).
- Report the revenues for the bottom line of the current (last) budget approved by Congress (surplus or shortage).
- Report the deficit for the bottom line of the current (last) budget approved by Congress (surplus or shortage).
- Report the debt held by the public for the bottom line of the current (last) budget approved by Congress (surplus or shortage).
- Discuss the inferences drawn from the numbers collected and provide insight about the impact of the numbers on the American economy in a response that is at least 5 sentences in length.
Your homework will be graded based on the following rubric:
|Category||Unacceptable (0-1)||Needs Improvement (2-3)||Good (4)||Excellent (5)||Total Possible Points|
|Organization (x3)||There is no apparent organization to the answers. They shows some coherence but ideas lack unity.||There is some level of organization though digressions, ambiguities, irrelevance are too many. Transition evident but not used throughout the paper.||Answers are coherent and logically organized with transitions used between ideas and paragraphs to create coherence. Overall unity of ideas is present.||Answers show high degree of attention to logic and reasoning of points. Unity clearly leads the reader to the conclusion and stirs thought regarding the topic.||15|
|Content (x3)||Answers lack evidence of critical thinking. Writer uses superficial, simplistic, or irrelevant reasons and unjustifiable claims. Makes illogical, inconsistent inference.||Answers are primarily opinion without valid support. Little critical thinking is evident. Follows existing evidence to obtain conclusions.||Ideas are logical and reasoned, but demonstrate lesser degree of originality. Follows evidence and reason lead to obtain justifiable, logical conclusion.||Writer develops logical and reasoned independent ideas that go beyond predictable outcomes or the conclusions of researched materials. Follows where evidence and reason lead in order to obtain defensible, thoughtful, logical conclusions or solutions.||15|
|Grammar & Mechanics(x2)||Sentences are unclear and many grammatical errors in structure make answers virtually unreadable. Spelling, punctuation, capitalization, and vocabulary usage contain major flaws that impede readability.||Most spelling, punctuation, and grammar correct allowing reader to progress through the answers. Some errors remain.||Answers have few spelling, punctuation, and grammatical errors allowing reader to follow ideas clearly. Very few fragments or run-ons.||Answers are free of distracting spelling, punctuation, and grammatical errors; absent of fragments, comma splices, and run-ons.||5|
Week 3 GDP Assignment Spring 2021