|Grading Rubric for The Imitation Game & Chinese Room Argument Paper |
The Imitation Game & Chinese Room Argument
Watch the movie “The Imitation Game” available on Netflix, and the following short videos on the Chinese Room Argument in order to answer the questions below.
Chinese Room Argument:
1. John Searle presenting his argument:
2. An animation of the Argument:
3. Experimentation of the Argument:
4. Dennett offering a refutation:
1. What is a Turing Machine? (You will need to do more research beyond the movie to get the answer to this one.)
2. What is the imitation game (i.e. touring test) and why is it important?
3. Does the Chinese Room Argument refute the possibility of AI? Why?
4. Can we code emotions into machines? Justify your answer
5. If a machine imitates a human, does it qualify as being human? Justify your answer.
The Imitation Game & Chinese Room argument