|SOC 202 Under Represented Communities Essay|
So far, we have read a few articles about various misconceptions. The authors of these articles reveal aspects of a communal identity that are misrepresented or underrepresented in life or by the media. Due to the under-representation and mis-representation, stereotypes and prejudices have been formed against these communities.
For this assignment, you will write an essay about one aspect of a community that you think is misrepresented or underrepresented in life or by the media. This community can be your own or someone else’s, but it should be one that you care deeply about. You should use examples to illustrate how this aspect of the community is misrepresented or underrepresented.
Here are some suggestions:
Your essay should fulfill the following requirements:
1. It should have an introduction, at least three body paragraphs and a conclusion.
2. When you give examples, use some of the rhetorical techniques (logos, pathos, ethos, style and tone) you have learned to make your examples vivid, specific and effective.
3. Think carefully about how to organize your body paragraphs. Choose an organizing principle that works best for your essay.
4. The essay should be 4 pages long, double-spaced. Use Times New Roman font, size 12. The essay should be submitted in a Word document on Blackboard.
5. Pay special attention to grammar, especially sentence clarity and variety.
6. In this assignment, you are not required to cite outside sources. If you do use outside sources, however, make sure to cite it properly.