Scholarly Writing Final Assignment SPR2021
|# OF SOURCES||8|
|# OF PAGES & WORD COUNT||10 ≈ 2750WORDS|
Having completed the required module readings and viewed the video on Evaluating sources for credibility [Video Presentation]
from https://youtu.be/PLTOVoHbH5c, you should now be ready to identify scholarly sources on your own. There are two-parts for this assignment.
Part I: Using the same topic you have chosen in SLP 1.
1. Identify 8-10 scholarly sources relevant to the topic. These should include primarily journal articles (at least 8), but you may supplement these with books, book chapters, or government documents.
2. Compile a reference list using APA format—this is a requirement for this assignment.
3. Respond to the questions posed on the Evidence Analysis Worksheet, which can be found in the Background Information section of this module.
Below is the scholarly articles, I have chose……
Gai Yunwei (2019). “Does State-Mandated Reporting Work? The Case of
Surgical Site Infection in CABG Patients”. Pp 5986-5998 Web. https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/00036846.2019.1645282
Journal of Cardiovascular Nursing (2006).“Nursing Care of the Patient
Undergoing Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting” Vol. 21 Pp 109 – 117 Web https://www.nursingcenter.com/journalarticle?Article_ID=638956&Journal_ID=54006&Issue_ID=638936
Journal of Empirical Research on Human Research Ethics, 2(3), 84-3. Doi://http://dx.doi.org.ezproxy2016.trident.edu/10.1525/jer.2007.2.3.83
Public Reporting in Cardiovascular Medicine
Accountability, Unintended Consequences, and Promise for Improvement
Jason H. Wasfy, William B. Borden, Eric A. Secemsky, James M. McCabe, and Robert W. Yeh
Originally published28 Apr 2015 https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCULATIONAHA.114.014118 Circulation. 2015;131:1518–1527
Yunwei Gai (2019) Does state-mandated reporting work? The case of surgical site infection in CABG patients, Applied Economics, 51:56, 5986-5998, DOI: 10.1080/00036846.2019.1645282
Romano PS, Marcin JP, Dai JJ, Yang XD, Kravitz RL, Rocke DM, Dharmar M, Li Z. Impact of public reporting of coronary artery bypass graft surgery performance data on market share, mortality, and patient selection. Med Care. 2011 Dec;49(12):1118-25. https://doi.org/10.1097/mlr.0b013e3182358c78 . PMID: 22002641.
To Err is Human: Building a Safer Health System (2019) To Err Is Human: Building a Safer Health System (ermgovernance.com)
Shahian DM, Torchiana DF, Engelman DT, Sundt TM 3rd, D’Agostino RS, Lovett AF, Cioffi MJ, Rawn JD, Birjiniuk V, Habib RH, Normand ST. Mandatory public reporting of cardiac surgery outcomes: The 2003 to 2014 Massachusetts experience. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2019 Jul;158(1):110-124.e9. DOI: 10.1016/j.jtcvs.2018.12.072 Epub 2018 Dec 31. PMID: 30772041.
Part II: Murray (2008) outlines six specific functions of academic writing. These include defining, describing, comparing and contrasting, classifying, explaining causes and effects, and developing an argument. These are used at different phases of the writing process.
1. Choose two functions of academic writing.
2. Using the Murray chapter as a guide, complete the following tasks relative to those functions.
3. Provide your written responses in a single document file, which you should upload by the end of this module.
Length: The written component of this part of the assignment should be 2-3 pages long (double-spaced).
1. Choose 3-4 health science-related terms you wish to define.
2. Break each down into a category.
3. Note distinguishing characteristics of each.
4. Use this information to create a sentence defining each term.
5. Explain how one of these would be used were you to develop a research report (be sure to clarify your own interpretation of the term).
1. Describe the sequence of steps required to complete a specific task or describe how something works (these should be health-related).
2. Use complete sentences in doing so with appropriate linking words and phrases between each.
3. Divide your description into paragraphs if necessary. (“Question for Thought” – Under what circumstances might it become necessary to use multiple paragraphs as opposed to one?)
Comparing and Contrasting:
1. Compare and contrast two closely related terms/concepts/systems/theories relevant to the health sciences.
2. Note their similarities and differences.
3. Use appropriate linking words and phrases.
4. Provide a brief introductory sentence or paragraph.
1. Complete Section 1.5, Task 2 in the Murray chapter. Provide written responses to each of the questions posed in the text.
Explaining Causes and Effects:
1. Use “words and phrases associated with cause and effect” to draft a cause and effect paragraph on your chosen topic (see Section 1.6.1 of the Murray chapter).
Developing an Argument:
1. Complete Section 1.7.3, Task 2 or Section 1.7.4, Task 3 in the Murray chapter. Provide written responses to each of the questions posed in the text.
Format: APA format is required for this assignment.
To get your Scholarly Writing Final Assignment SPR2021 done, please click on https://academicessayist.com/orders/ordernow