International Human Resource Management Essays Assignment Description
Eight short essay questions about HRM. Each answer should be at least 1 page (275 words) in length.
I’m working on a Management question and need guidance to help me study.
1. Compare and contrast domestic and international HRM.
2. How is culture relevant to IHRM? What do you believe is important to remember from Hofstede’s and the GLOBE studies?
3. Describe typical stages of firms expanding into international business and each stage’s impact on HRM.
4. What value is there to understanding the factors driving standardization versus localization of HR policies, processes, routines, procedures and practices?
5. Compare and contrast the strategic opportunities for HRM in the formation process of cross-border mergers, acquisitions and international joint-ventures.
6. Discuss the causes as well as the direct and indirect costs of expat failures. How can the number of such failures be reduced.
7. Discuss the potential value and liabilities to HR of utilizing international assignments.
8. Why is it important to include hard, soft and contextual goals when assessing international managerial performance?
This essay assignment uses a grading rubric.
Needs Improvement (2)
Essay question answers have no spelling or punctuation errors and very few grammatical errors. Very well written and excellent use of business language.
Essay question answers have a few punctuation or spelling errors. Few grammatical errors that don’t affect meaning. Well written and use of business language is acceptable.
Essay question answers have some punctuation or spelling errors. Some grammatical errors but generally don’t affect meaning. Language is satisfactory overall but use of more appropriate business language is required.
Essay question answers have numerous punctuation or spelling errors. Numerous grammatical errors that affect meaning. Language used is unprofessional and not appropriate for business use.
Essay question answers Organization and Formatting
Relevant sections are included, and each is organized effectively. Formatting is professional and consistent and includes all required elements.
Relevant sections are included but could be a little better organized. Formatting is acceptable and/or one or two required elements are missing.
Relevant sections are included but organization could be improved. Formatting is inconsistent and/or many elements are missing or not formatted appropriately.
Sections are missing and/or poorly organized. Formatting is messy and unprofessional.
Essay question answers content/Thinking
Essay question answers content is comprehensive and detailed. Thinking and ideas are presented clearly, are engaging and thorough.
Essay question answers content is sufficient. Thinking and ideas are clear but could be expanded to be more thorough.
Essay question answers content is fairly basic and/or thinking and ideas lack some clarity and depth.
Essay question answers content is very basic and thinking and ideas are superficial and lack clarity.