HRM3018 Workforce Management Short Questions
(answer any 4 questions)
1. The psychological contract is central to the employer employee relationship and breaches of
the psychological contract can have a negative impact on both employee and organizational
performance. Critically evaluate.
2. Critically explore the antecedents of work life conflict and or facilitation, drawing upon
Humbert and Lewis (2008) and McMillan, Morris and Atchley (2011) ‘Constructs of the
Work/Life Interface: A Synthesis of the Literature and Introduction of the Concept of
3. How does role congruity theory help to explain why women are under-represented in
leadership roles? Drawing upon Ibarra, Ely and Kolb (2013) and Elsesser and Lever (2011) ‘to
support your answer.
4. “There is a direct relationship between stress and employee performance.” Critically evaluate
the above statement drawing upon Mark and Smith (2006).
5. “Emotions are problematic for organizations.” Critically assess this statement, drawing upon
Williams (2003) and Barsade and Gibson (2007).
6. How do organizations create perceptions of organizational Justice, drawing upon Cropanzano,
R., Bowen, D. E., & Gilliland, S. W. (2007), discuss the relative importance of Distributive
justice, Procedural justice and Interactional justice in the management of perceptions of
justice in organizations.
7. organizations use images of diversity or information about diversity initiatives in their
recruitment advertising to attract job candidates from under-represented groups. Drawing
upon Avery (2003), Martins & Parsons (2007), and Williamson et al. (2008), identify three
factors that have been shown to influence job applicants’ reactions to this type of
advertising, and explain how they do so.
8. According to the rational actor model of hiring decisions, employers will change their
stereotyped beliefs about minority job applicants after having positive experiences with
members of that minority group. According to Pager and Karafin’s (2009) study, what do
employers do in real life?
Minimum word count per answer: 400
Maximum word count per answer: 500
The word count does not include references, which should be provided in a separate section at
the end of each answer.
Answers are due on Friday, January 15th, 2021 and must be submitted via Turnitin (on
MyLearning) no later than 23:59. No paper copies of the essay are required.
Students must upload their documents saved with a title stating their student ID number, and
their seminar tutor’s name. For example:
After each answer, please indicate the word count. Penalties will be awarded for answers that
are below or above the word limits stated above.
To get your HRM3018 Workforce Management Short Questions answered, please click on https://academicessayist.com/orders/ordernow