1.The costs to organizations to implement EMR systems can be defrayed by ________.
- Meaningful Use incentives
- a surcharge to patients
- low-interest loans
- allowing vendors to use the site for potential customer visits
The term electronic medical record (EMR) would be BEST used to describe ________.
- the legal record of a patient’s visit to a hospital or ambulatory care environment
- information about a patient’s health that can be shared between health care organizations
- the database that the hospital creates to store demographic data on patients
- any information stored in a hospital computer system
Patient safety will be improved by the widespread implementation of EHR because ________.
- changes in insurance information will be available to all providers
- patients will be prompted to keep scheduled appointments with their providers
- medication and allergy information will be available to all providers
- patient dietary preferences and habits will be continuously monitored
The relationship between the EMR and the EHR is that ________.
- the EHR is not accessible by the clinician
- the EHR is controlled by the patient’s primary provider
- the EMR is a building block to the creation of the EHR
- the EHR is used for only outpatient and wellness information
The implementation of the EHR is anticipated to decrease health care costs by ________.
- improving clinician satisfaction
- reducing duplication of procedures
- improvement in patient compliance
- reducing lost records
With implementation of the EHR the nurse will find patient information to be more readable, better-organized and accurate. This feature is defined as improvement in ________.
- data integrity
- quality of care
The nurse has read in a hospital report that the institution has reached stage 7 in the stage of adoption of EMS. The nurse is aware that this indicates that ________.
- the major ancillary systems have been installed
- all information is shared electronically and the environment is paperless
- basic clinical documentation is now required
- CPOE is to go live in the next six months
Reducing the number of African Americans suffering complications is a potential outcome of the expanded use of EHRs as stated by which priority?
- reducing racial disparities
- patient engagement
- improved efficiency
- coordination of care
When an EHR is fully implemented, the nurse working in an immunization clinic will provide information that will allow the public health authority to ________.
- produce a paper record of immunizations for the patient
- identify outbreaks of infectious diseases
- track the patients who have been immunized
- determine who will be allergic to the immunization
To ensure that the technology in use by an organization will meet standards that allow the implementation of EHRs, the technology should be ________.
- issued by the government
- insured by the ONC
To get your Electronic Medical Records (EMR) Topic Quiz done, please click on https://academicessayist.com/orders/ordernow