Draft Paper I Pros and Cons of Liberalism
|# OF SOURCES||2|
|# OF PAGES & WORD COUNT||3 ≈ 825 WORDS|
Paper I: Consider two of the thinkers (Locke, Douglass, King, X, Jefferson et al) and texts we have read so far. How central are ideas of individual liberty to your thinkers’ conceptions of human freedom? What elements of liberal political philosophy do your thinkers embrace? What, if any, weaknesses or contradictions do they identify overtly or implicitly in liberal individualism? Which thinker’s ideas most closely align with your own beliefs and values as you write this paper and why? Books needed are for reference: Locke, Second Treatise of Government in Princeton Readings in Political Thought and Malcom X:Ballot or the Bullet
Your paper should be built around a Thesis: A central guiding question; a statement of significance of that question; and the answer to the question you will argue in your paper.
* The paper should have careful expositions of two texts we have read in class. Your expositions should include a mixture of direct quotations and paraphrases along with your own interpretations and analyses of the texts.
* It makes sense to analyze each of your texts separately before comparing them more directly.
* Your paper must have an argument in which you try to answer and argue your guiding question.
* It should be double-spaced in New Time Roman, Calibri or Arial font 12-pt font with 1-inch margins.
* You should use Chicago style citations. In-text (Author year, page) citations are acceptable; so are footnotes.
* You should provide a bibliography
* Ensure you do your own work. Will submit to the TurnitIn.
* Deadline for assignment submission is Friday16 April 2020 at 11:59PM. Late submissions or submissions via email shall not be allowed.
To place an order for Draft Paper I Pros and Cons of Liberalism, please click on https://academicessayist.com/orders/ordernow